December 28, 2020
Social Media Manager
It was a Christmas feast like no other for Saints running back Alvin Kamara. In their 52-33 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans clinched their fourth straight NFC South title, but Kamara would steal Christmas.
Kamara rushed 22 times for a career-high 155yards. His six scores from the run game eliminated the Vikings from the playoffs and broke or tied six different records.
Adding the big performance to his career-year, Kamara has 16 rushing touchdowns and 21 total single-season touchdowns. There cords that have now been broken and tied include:
● Saints single-season rushing touchdowns - breaks Kamara’s previous record of 14 (2018).
● Saints total single-season touchdowns - breaks the previous record of 18, set by Kamara (2018) and Dalton Hillard (1989).
● Saints single-game rushing touchdowns - six rushing scores breaks the previous record of three, jointly held by Reggie Bush (2006), Mark Ingram (2017), and Kamara (2018).
● Saints single-game touchdowns -previous best was four.
● Ties NFL record for touchdowns in a game - Ernie Nevers (1929), Dub Jones (1951), and Gale Sayers (1965).
On top of all that, Kamara is the first player since the merger to score six rushing touchdowns.
latests news from us